Book Proposal Submission Guidelines
To submit a book project for consideration by Exegetica, please send a prospectus, a detailed table of contents, one or two sample chapters, and your curriculum vitae. If you are proposing a contributed volume, please include titles, affiliations, and brief resumes for each of the contributors.
Please send your prospectus via email by clicking this link. Our editorial staff will acknowledge receipt and direct the proposal to the appropriate editor, who will review your proposal within 2-4 weeks of receipt.
THE PROSPECTUS MUST INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
1. A description of the book, what makes it unique, and why you are qualified to write it.
2. A description of your target audience (undergraduate or graduate students? scholars? professionals?).
3. An analysis of competing or similar books (including publishers and dates).
4. If your book is a textbook, please supply a list of courses in which your book might be used as a text or supplementary text. Please also let us know whether you plan on adopting the book yourself and if so give details about the class(es) it will be used in, enrollment, frequency you teach the class, etc.
5. An indication of whether any part of your manuscript has been published previously.
6. An indication of whether your manuscript is a dissertation or thesis, and if so what changes you are proposing to prepare it for publication.
7. The length of the manuscript in 12-point type on double-spaced 8 1/2″ by 11″ pages and an estimate of the number of tables, graphs, line art, or photographs the project would include (if any).
8. If the manuscript is not complete, an estimation of when it will be finished.
9. An indication of whether the manuscript is under consideration by other publishers.
10. A list of respected scholars who would be willing to write an endorsement for your book.